Fridge Foraging: One Pot Summertime Pasta
Every Wednesday on Instagram I do something called fridge foraging where I cook from whatever I have in my fridge. Thought I would share it here as well, especially since this was a great one!
One Pot Summertime Pasta
- 1 lb. dried pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half if they are large
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 fresno chili (or dried red pepper flakes)
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup Parmesean cheese, shredded
- Flaky sea salt
- Garnish with basil
In a large pot place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, pepper and basil. Pour in 5 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 9 minutes or until the pasta is cooked and the water has mostly evaporated. Top with olive oil, cheese and a hug pinch of sea salt.
Serves 4 to 6.